Tips In Choosing And Buying A Designer Christening Dress
A baby’s christening is one of the most important events in a person’s life. In most cases, it’s the first time that friends and relatives get to see the baby. It’s also the setting for the first family portrait that will include the baby. With that said, the event should be well-prepared for it to be both memorable and fun. When choosing a christening dress for the baby, you have a lot of options depending on the overall theme of the event. You can also choose to go with generic dresses or you can go with a designer dress instead. If you are choosing the latter, here are a few tips on how you can find the best dress for your baby.
1) A designer christening dress can be rather hard to find. It’s therefore best that you start your search on the internet. There are dozens of baby wear boutiques who offer their goods online. To save a substantial amount of money and time, you should choose a boutique that’s nearest to your location. This way, you won’t have to cough up too much cash for shipping and delivery costs. If you have experience buying clothes online, then you know that the shipping cost can sometimes double even if not triple the cost of the dress itself.
2) Make your order early. This is especially important if you are ordering a dress that the boutique or manufacturer will have to make based on your specifications. Again, you need to take into account the distance between your location and the location of the boutique. To be sure, always make your order weeks before the christening date. This will give the boutique enough time to package and ship the dress to your home. Also, don’t forget to contact the boutique every now and then to check on the status of your order.
3) Be very specific when making your order. Most boutiques that sell a baby christening dress usually have a catalogue wherein you can browse through the dresses that are available for sale. The different styles as well as the various color themes are also in the catalogue. This makes it easy for you to choose but in instances wherein you need some customizations, you need to tell the boutique everything that you want done on the dress.
4) Be careful where you buy the dress online. Let’s face it, there are a lot of fake sellers online. They will show you the stuff but when it comes to shipping you the dress, they either don’t do it or they ship something that’s sub-standard. That said, always make sure that you are buying from a legit seller. As much as possible, try to purchase from the boutiques directly.
5) Think about accessories to complement the christening dress. Many boutiques offer additional accessories to the dresses that they sell. These may take the form of baby gloves, caps, bracelets, and even rings. These accessories don’t cost much. Some boutiques even give them for free to their most loyal customers.
Always keep these tips in mind when you go looking for a christening dress for your baby.